How to configure
POS Connection for NVR?
Hinovision 5 Series and 7 Series NVR/DVRs support Point of Sale (POS) system integration. This tutorial will demonstrate how to retrieve POS data from Network with Hinovision iVMS-Pro client software.
Once the POS setting is configured on Hinovision NVR/DVR. NVR/DVR will be able to receive transaction data (Receipt) from POS, overlay the POS info on designated screen and store the info on hard drive for future reference. You can conduct video verification for the ongoing transaction and review the transaction with event play back feature.
POS data can be received from either RS232 port, USB port with RS232 converter or Network. You can also use Serial to Ethernet Converter to connect with multiple RS232 sources. Typically a 16-channel unit will support up to 8 POS connection and a 32-channel unit will support up to 16 POS connection.
POS configuration can be accessed through Hinovision iVMS-Pro client software and NVR screen.
NVR Model: NVR532P16-I4
NVR Firmware: V3.4.82 build 161207
Simulation Software: TCP/IP NetAssistant
Software Version: V3.8
Download Link: https://app.box.com/s/szqqhflvymfolu5gmvp2iujkf1gzzq13
- Open iVMS-Pro client, navigate to Device Management, Click on Server on the left, choose Encoding Device, Select the NVR you wish to configure and click on add to client.
- Enter a Nickname for the NVR and correct credential, Check the Export to Group box and Click on Add
- You will now see the NVR in Device List
- On the PC side, Open TCP/IP Net Assistant, Select UDP, Enter the IP address of this PC, select a Port and click on Connect.
- Enter the IP address of the NVR, also the port number you wish to use. For test purpose, check the Send Cyclic box so the program will keep sending the data. Enter the message in the Text box and Click on Send.
- Back to the iVMS-Pro, in the Device Management tab, Select the NVR and click on Remote Configuration.
- Select Connection Mode under POS, Choose Filter Rule ID (Typically a 16-channel unit will support up to 8 POS connection and a 32-channel unit will support up to 16 POS connection). Choose UDP for Connection mode and enter the Port number you set on the TCP/IP Net Assistant Remote Port. Click on Save.
- Click on Filter Rule, Choose Filter Rule ID you just set for Connection Mode, Check the Enable Filter Rules box, Select Latin-1 as Encoding Mode and Generic as Protocol Type. Click on Save.
- Select Channel Filter Rule, Choose a camera channel you wish to display the POS information, and then select the Filter Rule ID you just set in the previous steps, Check the POS Text Overlay box and change the settings according to your preference. Click on Save before exit.
- Verify the settings by click on Main View. If all the configuration is correct, after you choose the configured channel from NVR, you will see the POS information on the upper left corner of the image.
Note: If you are unable to see the POS information, try to access the POS configuration from the NVR configuration menu and enter the PC’s IP address in the UDP settings.