How to Configure No-IP DDNS on
Hinovision NVR supports multiple popular DDNS such as DynDNS and No-IP, etc. This tutorial will demonstrate how to configure No-IP DDNS on Hinovision NVR.
Once the DDNS is configured on Hinovision NVR, you will be able to access the NVR directly from Internet instead of from Local Area Network. This provides the possibility for remote access anywhere in the world.
Instead of using a private IP address (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x) or Public IP address (which is quite expensive), you can use URL and domain name. And No-IP basic service is provided free of charge, yet you will have to confirm the hostname every 30 days.
NVR DDNS configuration can be accessed through NVR Screen, Web Interface or Hinovision iVMS-Pro/Lite client software.
NVR Model: NVR516P16-I4
NVR Firmware: V3.4.82 build 161207
Router Model: RT-AC1900
Router Firmware: V188.8.131.52.380_4164
- Configure the port forwarding/DMZ settings on the router, mapping the port for the NVR or put the NVR IP address in the DMZ zone. Router configuration differs from router to router, in this demonstration we will use RT-AC1900 from Asus.
Currently most Hinovision NVR uses following 3 ports:
80(HTTP port), 8000 (control information), 554 (RTSP port)
Ports 80, 8000, 554 can be modified in the web configuration.
- Click on Yes for Enable DMZ option
- Enter the IP address of IP camera you wish to map
- Click on Apply, wait for the router to finish configuration
- Go to No-IP website and register an Account
During the account registration, you will be asked to create a hostname.
- Go to NVR web interface, Click on configuration, and then click Network – Basic Settings, then click on DDNS.
- Configure the DDNS settings
- Choose NO-IP for DDNS Type
- Enter www.NO-IP.com in the Server Address field
- Enter the domain name you created during registration. You can always manage the domain name later in the NO-IP control panel.
- Enter your username and password for www.NO-IP.com
- Click on Save
Note: Please check the DNS status before configuring the DDNS, 184.108.40.206 is recommended
- Verify the setting by visit [YourDomainName].[server]
If the settings are correct, you will be redirect to the NVR login interface, the URL will start with your Public IP address.