How to configure Hinovision PTZ IP Camera on Milestone XProtect Platform?
Hinovision Technical Team
Hinovision PTZ Cameras are compatible with Milestone XProtect platform and the PTZ function can be controlled by Milestone XProtect via ONVIF protocol.
Once added, Milestone XProtect will be able to control PTZ function if camera supports PTZ. Milestone XProtect will also be able to import PTZ presets form Hinovision PTZ IP camera and save presets onto camera itself.
Additional camera configuration can be accessed through Web Interface or Hinovision iVMS-Pro/Lite client software.
Camera Model: LiveTracker 2
Camera Firmware: V5.3.0 build 160809
Milestone XProtect Version: Milestone XProtect Profession 2016 R3 Ver.10.2a build 1654
- Make sure your Hinovision PTZ IP Camera is already connected with Milestone XProtect Management Application. If connected, you will be able to see it in the Hardware Device Summary.
If the PTZ IP Camera has not yet connected with Milestone XProtect Management Application, Please refer to How to add Hinovision IP Camera on Milestone XProtect Platform for the initial connection.
- Double Click on the PTZ IP Camera you wish to configure, click on the PTZ Device tab on the left, then perform the following steps:
- Check the Connected cameras have Pan/Tilt/Zoom capabilities check box on the top left corner;
- Select Relative (type 2) for PTZ type on COM1;
- Select Movable for Camera Type;
- Click OK to exit.
Relative (type 2) for PTZ type allow you to access camera onboard PTZ preset, you will be able to import onboard PTZ preset into Milestone Platform and save PTZ preset onto camera itself.
For certain cameras which do not support Relative (type 2) configuration, please use Absolute for PTZ type instead of Relative (type 2). With Absolute PTZ type, you will be able to control the camera PTZ functions, yet not able to access the onboard PTZ preset.
- Save before you exit the Milestone XProtect Management Application
- Verify PTZ status by launching XProtect Smart Client, and check PTZ control with on screen buttons.